- Size: 90 x 500 mg Capsules
- Manufacturer: Panaxea
- SKU: PX-PROST
- Stock status: 16
Prostate Protect is a complex herbal formula with standardized 5-Loxin (30% AKBA) Boron and standardized Beta-Sitosterol together with herbs traditionally used to support a healthy male urogenital system. BPH is the most common prostate disease. BPH usually starts after the age of 40 years and is more common in older men; it affects nearly all men at some time in their lives.* Prostate Protect contains Boswellia (Frankincense). Published studies show that normal aging and poor diet cause levels of a dangerous enzyme (5-lipoxygenase) to increase, which can affect prostate cells. (1) Extracts from the boswellia plant, has been shown to suppress 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) and other proinflammatory factors. (2,3,4) Prostate Protect has been designed to support prostate health and support management of associated signs of BPH.*
1. Matsuyama M, Yoshimura R, Mitsuhashi M, et al. Expression of lipoxygenase in human prostate cancer and growth reduction by its inhibitors. Int J Oncol. 2004 Apr;24(4):821-7.
2. Safayhi H, Rall B, Sailer ER, Ammon HP. Inhibition by boswellic acids of human leukocyte elastase. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1997 Apr;281(1):460-3.
3. Safayhi H, Sailer ER, Ammon HP. Mechanism of 5-lipoxygenase inhibition by acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid. Mol Pharmacol. 1995 Jun;47(6):1212-6.
4. Ammon HP. Boswellic acids (components of frankincense) as the active principle in treatment of chronic inflammatory disease. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2002;152(15-16):373-8.